By Amusement Today | February 13, 2013
Athol, Idaho — Silverwood Theme Park has announced the addition of two new rides; the first a thrilling new 104’ tall giant thrill ride exhibiting 3.5 Gs. The second a family-fun ride named Barnstormer. Both rides are expected to open this spring and will be operating for the 2013 season.
Recently purchased from Italian manufacturer VISA International, the new thrill ride is being shipped and will arrive at the beginning of April when it will be assembled and ready to operate at the beginning of the 2013 season. Also Italian-made, Barnstormer has already arrived at the park and will be assembled as soon as weather permits and the snow dissipates.
With an expense of over $2.2 million for the two new rides, Silverwood continues to invest in its infrastructure to maintain its position as the northwest’s premiere destination for family fun and thrills. The naming contest will run from January 22nd through February 22nd. Submissions and contest details can be made at silverwoodthemepark.com.
Silverwood Theme Park is the largest Theme and Water Park in the Northwest with 216 acres of fun and over 65 rides, slides, shows and attractions. The park boasts 4 massive roller coasters, 1 drop tower and a myriad of other family friendly rides and attractions as well as the Boulder Beach Water Park with 2 expansive wave pools, numerous water slides, play areas for the kids and VIP cabanas. Opening in 1988, Silverwood has grown from a local attraction into a fixture in the Northwest tourism industry as the most attended attraction in the state of Idaho.
- Manufacturer: SBF VISA Group, specifically VISA
- Ride Height: 102′–5″
- Seats: 24 passengers
- Speed: Rotation speed of main vehicle 15 rpm. Overhead rotation speed: 14 rpm
- 3.5 Gs
- Total Cost with install and transport: $2 million
- Arrival date at the park: 4-15-13 (area of installation will be prepped and ready; ride can be put up in 5 days). It is shipping via land and sea in 5 containers from Italy.
- Manufacturer: Zamperla (Italy)
- Manufacture Date: 2000
- Height: 25′–7″
- Seats: 20 passengers (can be 20 adults)
- Speed: Variable up to 10 RPM
- Hourly Capacity: 500
- Total Ride cost: $200,000.00
- One of only 2 rides like it in the United States, the other being located at Six Flags Great Adventure.
Comments are closed.