By AT Staff | August 31, 2012
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas — Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, the world’s largest regional theme park company, announced that it will introduce another exciting array of thrill and family rides, spectacular stage shows, and extreme water slides in 2013 across its 19 North American parks, including the transformation of Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari in New Jersey into one property, creating the largest regional theme park in the world.
A multimedia website detailing all of the new attractions can be found at: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/57846-six-flags-new-rides-and-attractions-in-2013
“Innovation is part of our DNA,” said Jim Reid-Anderson, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “On the heels of a tremendously well-received lineup of rides and attractions in 2012, we are taking our creativity to an even higher level by delivering an unprecedented season of jaw-dropping experiences that only Six Flags can deliver.”
Among the 2013 highlights:
- In New Jersey, the Six Flags Great Adventure theme and safari parks will combine into one property to become the world’s largest theme park. The mega-park will introduce a new, one-of-a-kind themed attraction — Safari Off Road Adventure — that transports guests from the theme park on a safari that features 1,200 animals from six continents. Safari Off Road Adventure will entertain guests on rugged, up-close animal encounters as they view, pet or hand feed these majestic animals—or fly high above them on a zip line.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain is adding yet another record-breaking ride—Full Throttle, the world’s tallest, fastest looping roller coaster.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom—will present Cirque Dreams Splashtastic.
- Six Flags Over Texas is unveiling a new record-breaking icon—the Texas SkyScreamer. Soaring at an unprecedented 400 feet, Texas SkyScreamer will be the tallest swing ride in the world.
- One of only two hybrid roller coasters of its kind in the world, Iron Rattler makes its debut at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. Utilizing state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track the innovative Iron Rattler will provide four over-banked turns.
- Six Flags Great America near Chicago welcomes igNIGHT — Grand Finale, the most technologically advanced show in the park’s history, uniquely integrating state-of-the-art lighting, sound, singing, dancing, and fireworks for the ultimate finale.
- Both Hurricane Harbor water parks at Six Flags New England and Six Flags America will introduce new thrills with revolutionary new water attractions. Bonzai Pipelines will accommodate six riders simultaneously as they twist through individual tubes.
- Six Flags Over Georgia will introduce the park’s tallest attraction in its 45-year history—SkyScreamer, a tower swing ride that spins guests in open-air swings up to 40 miles per hour atop a 24-story tower.
- Six Flags White Water, Atlanta’s premier water park, is introducing Typhoon Twister, a giant thrill slide that sends riders barreling down a five-story drop before shooting them out into a 67-foot bowl.
- Flying into The Great Escape in upstate New York is Screamin’ Eagles, an interactive flying ride providing thrills for riders of all ages.
- La Ronde, located on a beautiful island near downtown Montreal will welcome Aqua Twist, a new interactive family ride designed to engage passengers and bystanders in a fun and entertaining water battle.
Six Flags stands for big thrills, world class entertainment and lifelong memories shared with family and friends